I suggest you ...

Add ad alternative for responsive sites

Hi Carl,

We have a client whose site we're retrofitting with RWD. They currently use Ad Manager for wide format ads, but for mobile we need an alternative 300px wide ad to display. Would you consider adding this feature?

Thanks,

Ben Seigel
Versa Studio

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ben Seigel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve Garcia @ 620 Studio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree as well, with responsive sites hiding and showing elements based on browser size. This requires EE serving two files/images for the ads, a full-size and mobile version, with only one actually being shown. This gets even stickier if you have an ad space randomly choosing an image from a group and doing the same for the mobile device. Since it's random, the mobile version would add an impression but a good chance it's not showing.

To handle responsive layouts, it would need to allow for a mobile image option in the advert options. Any chance this will be included in a future release? Otherwise, we'll be dealing with bad reporting as having a mobile version is extremely important to my client.

Thanks

Steve Garcia
        620 Studio

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to second this request. Currently I'm using a separate group for mobile ads and just displaying both full-size and mobile ads on each page and using media queries to determine which to show. It works, but obviously, my tracking isn't accurate with this method. It would be nice if there were a built in way to do this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base